Hang Su (苏杭)
Software Engineer, Algorand
Blog: Nomad Note
Cryptography, Computer Security, Programming Language Theory.
I am also broadly interested in theoretical computer science.
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Virginia, Sept., 2019 - May., 2021
- B.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, UM-SJTU-JI, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Sept., 2015 - Aug., 2019
- Exchange Student, Computer Science, North Carolina State University, Jan., 2018 - May., 2018
 Shorter and Faster Post-Quantum Designated-Verifier zkSNARKs from Lattices
Research Assistant advised by Dr. David J. Wu at University of Virginia, Jan., 2020 - May., 2021
Research Topic: Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge (zkSNARK) from Lattice-Based Cryptography Assumption.
- Implemented a lattice-based post-quantum secure zkSNARK over extension fields with smaller parameters.
- Designed an concrete-efficient Module-Learn-With-Error (MLWE) based encryption scheme.
- Developed a variant Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) over cosets for fields with small characteristics.
- Built a high-performance proof-of-concept implementation fully using C++.
- Obtained 10.3x smaller proof size than previous post-quantum candidates.
- Achieved 42.1x smaller proof size and 60.2x faster prover time than previous lattice-based candidates, all while achieving a much higher level of soundness.
- Published a first-authored full length paper at ACM CCS 2021, Seoul, South Korea.
Research Assistant advised by Dr. Tim Menzies at North Carolina State University, Spring 2018
Research Topic: Topic Modeling in Human-Readable Structure.
- Developed a faster and more succinct topic modeling method based on Latent Dirichlet Allocation.
- Accelerated topic classification within a tolerable range of error.
- Comprehended the mechanism of state-of-art practical data mining skills.
Research Assistant at Emerging Computing Technology Laboratory, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Fall 2017
Research Topic: Logic Circuit Delay Decrease and Approximate Logic Synthesis Algorithms.
- Proposed applying max-flow min-cut algorithm on approximated Boolean Function.
- Developed a robust library for BLIF format logic circuit file parsing.
- Built a rapid logic circuit simulator by translating target circuit into C++, and benchmarking over compiled code.
- Simulator achieved over 5000x speed-boost compared to simulation based naive implementations.
Served over 150 students in UM-SJTU-JI.
- Teaching Assistant for VE216 (Signal and System), Shanghai Jiaotong University, (May., 2018 - Aug., 2018)
- Led weekly lab sessions, met one-to-one with students during weekly office hours.
- Assisted instructor in designing exams and projects.
- Teaching Assistant for VE482 (Operating System), Shanghai Jiaotong University, (Sep., 2018 - Dec., 2018)
- Led weekly recitation class, graded exams and homeworks.
- Maintained the first course grading server in institute, system served over 100 students without failure or crash.
I have many awesome friends (the list keeps growing), and you may find their stuffs interesting too: